PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US.
The personal information we collect:
We only collect the information we need for the purposes of providing and servicing financial and insurance products. Personal information means information about an “identifiable individual” and may include:
- Income, Asset & Liabilities, Banking and Credit information
- Lifestyle information
- Marital status
- Date of birth
- Citizenship status
- Health related information
- Social insurance number, Driver’s License number, Health Card number
- Name, home address, and phone number
Your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your information:
We will only collect, use or disclose personal information with your consent, except as required by law. Your consent is required to collect, use, or disclosure your personal information, except where required by law. Consent may be oral or written, express (eg. providing your personal information on an application form); or implied (eg. not withdrawing your consent for a certain use of your personal information when given the opportunity to do so). Your authorized representative may give consent on your behalf.
You can withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, and reasonable notice.
Protecting your personal information:
We are responsible for all personal information under our control. We maintain a file of your personal information. Only CHSP Financial Services employees, advisors, and authorized service providers who need your personal information to do their jobs may have access to your personal information.
We have developed physical, electronic and procedural safeguards intended to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying, and unauthorized use or modification. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of the companies or organizations who may obtain personal information independently of any relationship they may have with us. We are also not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of companies or organizations to whose websites our website may provide links. Please review the privacy policies of these companies and organizations before providing your personal information.
Your right to request access to your personal information:
You have the right to know:
- If we hold any personal information about you. However, if we have any sensitive medical information about you from a third party, we will only release this information through your physician;
- How we have used or are using any personal information about you;
- To whom we have disclosed any personal information about you.
You may write us if you would like to access the personal information we have about you. In some situations, you may not be able to access all of your personal information. For example, we may not be able to disclose information if it would reveal personal information about a third party or would reveal confidential commercial information.
Accuracy of personal information:
We will try to ensure that the personal information collected and used is accurate and, where necessary, updated. You have the right to request corrections of any inaccurate or incomplete information about you in our possession.
The duration for keeping your personal information:
Your personal information will only be kept as long as it is needed, or as required by law. The length of time that we keep your personal information will depend upon the product or service that we provide to you, and the nature of the information.
Why we need the information:
We use your personal information to:
- Confirm your identity,
- Administer and service products and services you request,
- Administer and service the insurance and/or financial products we provide,
- Meet regulatory and contractual requirements relating to the service and products provided to you.
Third-Party Collection and transfer of personal information:
Withdrawing your consent regarding the receipt of product information:
If you do not want your personal information to be used for marketing or promotional purposes, please:
- Follow the procedures, where available, indicated at the point of collection to “opt out” so that your personal information is not collected, used, or disclosed for those purposes; or
- Where an “opt out” is not offered, let your advisor know that you wish to opt out.
How to contact us:
Requests for access to, or an update or correction of your personal information, or privacy-related questions, complaints or comments may be directed in writing to CHSP Financial Services at the following address:
B2- 180 West Beaver Creek Rd.,
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1B4
Attn: Compliance Officer